Friday, September 12, 2008

Finders Keepers // i shop the world section


I shop the "world" section, big time... for the last 2 years I've been really into 70's Turkish funk, 70's Japanese, Indian, Ethiopian, and I've always been a fan of 60's French music... I was talking with my friends over at Dublab about some of that stuff and how it's hard to come by and they referred me to Finders Keepers Records, which is insanely amazing. They've got reissues of some great 70's Turkish, Welsh and Japanese stuff as well as amazing modern indie rock and instrumental rock, and their webshop is linked with Twisted Nerve's which also has an amazing catalogue of similar genres. You can listen to everything before you buy, and not 30 sec previews, the entire thing... Check out Selda, Yamasuki, Ersen, Beneath Fire & Smoke, Voice Of The Seven Woods, Aidan Smith, Jean Claude Vannier, Alfie, D.O.T., Wolf People, Misty Dixon... instantly my favorite thing of 2008.